The Guardian has learned that a new push for holiday makers is to remove Italy from England’s travel corridors, the Guardian has learned.
It is understood that Italy, which recorded the highest daily list of new Covid-19 cases on Wednesday, has been dropped from the declining list of countries where travelers can travel without leaving him alone after returning home.
Last week Italy imposed new rules which meant visitors from the UK and other countries must provide proof of a negative covid test taken 72 hours before the trip.
Italy was one of the last largest European holiday hotspots where English travelers could travel without any details about their return. According to the Office for National Statistics, more than 5 million UK residents visited Italy last year.
The Guardian understands that Vatican City and San Marino are also being removed from the travel corridor and crates are being added, following changes that could be followed by evolving countries that have autonomy over such changes. The changes are expected to take effect from 4 a.m. Sunday, with 24 hours more warnings issued in recent weeks than previous corridor changes.
An official announcement is expected by Transportation Secretary Grant Shaps on Thursday afternoon.
The shops were under aviation pressure due to the government’s failure to introduce a testing system to cut separation time for visitors. Last week he launched a “Global Travel Task Force” to investigate the issue and is due to return next month.
The epidemic has the second highest number of coward deaths in India, with 3,36,269 deaths since the onset of the epidemic, but its daily occurrence is lower than in the UK.
On Wednesday, Italy recorded 7,332 covid-19 infections in the last 24 hours, compared to 5,901 1 in Italy on Tuesday, the highest daily number in Italy.
Another 43 deaths related to covid were reported in Italy on Wednesday, and the number of people in intensive care with the virus rose to 539 on Wednesday, up from 514 the previous day.
The country’s prime minister, Giuseppe Conti, has said he is determined to avoid a new general lockdown. On Tuesday, Italy imposed new restrictions on gatherings, restaurants, sports and school activities.
A spokesman for the Department of Transportation said: “Protecting public health remains our top priority as we work hard to enable sustainable and responsible returns on international travel. Decisions regarding international travel corridors are made using a variety of factors, with data from all countries and regions subject to constant review. ”