Trump administration launches new pandemic response unit

Trump administration launches new pandemic response unit

According to a new report, the Trump administration plans to launch a pandemic response section in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

National Security Council officials held an inter-institutional meeting on Thursday to discuss new office plans, CNN reportsa similar episode existed previously in the NSC.

This office was closed in 2018.

A senior management official told the network that the pandemic unit will be supervised by a new position created: the pandemic coordinator.

The meeting Thursday focused on deleting details and creating an offer for President Trump to approve.

The original NSC outbreak unit was founded by President Obama during his second term in office.

Former National Security Advisor John Bolton, who was present when the unit was closed, defended this decision in a tweet In March of this year.

“The claims that ordering the NSC structures disrupted the biological defense of our country are wrong. Global health remained the highest NSC priority and its expert team was critical to effectively address the 2018-19 African Ebola crisis. He added, “The Furious Left cannot stop attacking even in a crisis. “

President Trump also advocated closing his office at that time and refused any intervention in the movement.

“I don’t know anything about this,” he said.

When the coronavirus pandemic began to hit, management was under investigation to close the office.

The Foreign Ministry spokesman did not immediately respond to Post’s request to comment on the issue.

With mast cables

You May Also Like

About the Author: Abbott Hopkins

Analyst. Amateur problem solver. Wannabe internet expert. Coffee geek. Tv guru. Award-winning communicator. Food nerd.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.