Why would a Barcelona star announce that Man City have no chance of completing the transfer of Lionel Messi this summer?

Why would a Barcelona star announce that Man City have no chance of completing the transfer of Lionel Messi this summer?

Just ten days after Lionel Messi signaled his intention to end his 20-year relationship with Barcelona, ​​he was forced to stay.

In an exclusive interview with Goal, Messi confirmed that he would be at the club for the 2020/2012 campaign – but against his will.

The goal

Messi gave an exclusive interview to Gol on Friday that he is staying in Barcelona

The 33-year-old claimed president Josep Maria Bartomeu broke his promise that he could leave at the end of the season after saying the club was ‘all year’ and he wanted a new challenge.

The matter of interest from Manchester City was handed over to Messi – a transfer request late last month – in which he expressed a desire to apply a clause to his contract and allow him to leave immediately.

Bar বারa, however, said the clause expired in June and was no longer in effect, and insisted it would not be sold for anything less than its ধ 700 million (25 25,625 million) release clause.

“I thought and was sure I could leave, the president always said I could decide if I could stay stable at the end of the season,” Messi said.

“Now they are grasping the fact that I did not say this before June 10, when it turned out that on June 10 we were competing for La Liga in the midst of this terrible coronavirus and the disease had changed all season.

Messi is in no camp because he does not want to take the club to court

Getty Images

Messi is in no camp because he does not want to take the club to court

“And that’s why I’m continuing at the club. Now I continue at this club because the president told me that the only way out was to pay € 700 million (24 624m / $ 823m) and that was impossible. “

Surprisingly, City Forward had no intention of activating the tearful release clause. That was the only way for Messi to leave: to take his favorite Barcelona to court.

The six-time Ballon d’Or winner never considered doing so That, he would stay at the club for at least another 10 months.

“There was another way and it was to go to trial,” he explained. “I will never go to court against Bar কারণa because it is my favorite club that has given me everything since my presence.

“This is the club of my life, I made my life here.


“Barca has given me everything and I have given everything. I know that taking Bar বারa to court has never crossed my mind. ”

Describing the toll on his family during the ordeal, Messi added: “Matthew is still a bit small and he doesn’t understand what it means to go somewhere else and live somewhere else for a few years.

“Thiago, he’s older. He said he heard something on TV and found out something.

“I did not want her to have to leave, to go to a new school or to make new friends.

“He called me and said, ‘Let’s not go.’ I repeat that it was really hard

“It was understandable. It happened to me. It is very difficult to decide. ”

READ  What Richard Masters wants for the Newcastle United takeover process needs to actually happen - Ciaran Kelly

You May Also Like

About the Author: Piers Parker

Alcohol maven. Incurable pop culture specialist. Communicator. Gamer. Certified explorer.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *