The government has introduced a “three rules” tiered system to simplify local lockdowns on coronavirus hotspots.
To “simplify” the rules, Boris Johnson has created a new model of England’s “Local Coved Warning Levels” that will act as a traffic light system. There will be three levels under the system – medium, high and very high.
Especially in areas of high-level infection pubs, gyms and casinos may be forced to shut down to stop this infection.
The Prime Minister said the new Covid warning levels were introduced “to squash wherever this virus appears”.
Top Level / Level 2 What are lockdown restrictions?
It is in areas with high levels of infection. This means the following steps are in place:
- With the exception of nightclubs and adult entertainment venues that are closed by law, all businesses and venues can continue in a covid-protected manner.
- Certain businesses selling food or beverages on their premises must be closed from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Businesses and venues selling food for outdoor use can continue to operate after 10pm unless it is through a delivery service, click and collect or by drive
- Schools, universities and places of worship are open
- Marriages and janazas can proceed with restrictions on the number of participants
- Exercise classes and organized sports can take place outside. They will only be allowed indoors if people do not live with them or do not share any support with intellectuals or avoid mixing for youth or disabled sports.
- The “rule of six” will continue to be applied outside and in private gardens
- People must not support bubbles in meeting someone outside his home or at home or in a public place, in any indoor setting
- People should notice where they will reduce the number of possible trips. If they need to travel, they should walk or cycle where possible, or plan ahead and avoid busy times and routes on public transportation.
Level 1 explains the lockdown rules: what you can and cannot do in the ‘moderate risk alert zone’
Tier 3 Lockdown Rules Explained: What You Can and Can’t Do in Very High Risk Warning Areas
Tier 4 Lockdown Rules: What are the rules?