First set: * Gasparian 0-1 Williams (* refers to the next server)
Williams will open the match with a commanding service game, capturing love with the help of 104 MPFS under the pipe. Committed start.
As the players warmed up, incessant rain began to fall. The decision to close the roof, which usually takes about seven minutes, is an easy one. All games have been postponed on external court, including four singles matches. The break comes just moments after Britain’s Dan Evans saved two set points against France’s Corinthian Moutet. 23rd seed 6-6, 3-6, 5-6, add-in will serve when the game resumes
Good evening and welcome to Arthur Ash Stadium for prime time Twin Bills tonight. A pair of second-round match menus include Margarita Gasparian of Russia, who faces Serena Williams, followed by Andy Moore’s first career Folix Auger-Aliasim.
Here are some quick items from day sessions to keep you hooked:
- Of Britain Johanna Conta 2–6, -6-. (5), losing by 4-4 goals became the last top seed to come forward Sorana Sirstia
- Bulgarian Svetana Pirankova, Who is playing his first tournament since Wimbledon 2017 after taking a three-year break to be his son, reached the third round with a 7-5, 6-3 win over 10th seed Garbi Muguruza
- Sloane Stephens, 2017 US Open champions who entered this year’s tournament with a 1-7 record for the year, won 6-2, 6-2 Olga Govartosva – and could face Serena in the third round
- There are no 25 seeds Milos Raonic The Canadians lost to their compatriots 6 — 3 (1), -3-3, -6- comp (4), -3-3. Vasek Pospisil
- Second-seeded Dominic theme In the third round, India won 6-3, -3-3, 6-1 Sumit reached
Brian will be here soon. Meanwhile, it is safe to say that Christina Mladenovic is not satisfied with Queens’ condition this week:
France’s Christina Mladenovic complained of surviving a “nightmare” due to the US Open’s Kovid-19 health protocol after suffering a spectacular milestone in the second-round defeat to Russia’s Varva Gracheva.
Mladenovic was looking for a win-win, 1-1, 5-1 against an opponent outside the top 100 and playing his first Grand Slam, but suddenly became a little disappointed in his favor and went 1–6, – 6 (2). ), 6-0.
Mladenovic was one of several athletes who had been in contact with countryman Benoit Pyre under an “extended protocol plan” who tested positive for the coronavirus and withdrew before the Grand Slam.
“We are having a nightmare here. I have only one wish and that is to regain my freedom, “said Mladenovic, ranked 44th. “We have to fight for our freedom and we don’t even have it yet.”
The protocols of the United States Tennis Association mean that players who contact Pierre are tested for Covid-19 every day, not once every four days, and are confined to hotel rooms.
Maladenovich, who was the top seed in the women’s doubles with partner Taima Babs, said earlier that she felt trapped inside the “bubble in the bubble”.
You can read the full story below:
Alcohol maven. Incurable pop culture specialist. Communicator. Gamer. Certified explorer.