#mauritania Mauritania’s President Mohamed Ould Sheikh Al Ghazouani appointed a new government on Thursday evening, marking the departure of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, according to a presidential decree.
Mohamed Salem Ould Merzoug became the new head of diplomacy, leaving the Ministry of the Interior, where he was replaced by Mohamed Ahmed Ould Mohamed Lemin, who was President Ghazouani’s chief of staff.
The new government is marked by 15 departures and permutations. Holders of positions of sovereignty such as justice and Islamic affairs remain in their positions.
>>> Read Also: Mauritania: Reappointment of Prime Minister Auld Bilali after backlash after resignation
President Ghazouani also appointed former Prime Minister Yahya Ould Ahmad Elwaghef under President Sidi Ould Sheikh Abdullahi to the position of Secretary-General of the Presidency.
The structure of the Ould Bilal government was unveiled on Thursday, March 31, evening by Yahya Ould Waghef, Secretary-General of the Presidency of the Republic. Osman Ken, Auld Boye, Sidi Auld Hana retained their seats.
The new team has four women as against six in the previous one.
Here is the structure of the new government:
– Minister of Justice, Mohamed Mahmoud Ould Boya
– Foreign Minister, Mohamed Salem Ould Merzoug
– Minister of National Defense, Hannah Ould Sidique
The Minister of the Interior and Decentralization, Mohamed Ahmed O. Mohamed Lemin
– Economy Minister, Osman Mamadou Kane
– Finance Minister, Isselmou Mohamed Mbayes
– Dah Auld Amar Taleb, Minister of Islamic Affairs
– Minister of National Education, Official Spokesperson, Mohamed Melainin Ould Aiho
– Minister of Petroleum, Mines and Energy, Abdel Salem Ould Mohamed Saleh
– Minister of Public Service and Labor, Mohamed Abdullahi Othmane
Health Minister, Mokhtar Auld Dahi
– Minister of Digital Transition, Sheikh Al Kebir Moulay Taher
Mohamed Ould Abdeen Ould Imaife, Minister of Fisheries and Marine Economy
– Minister of Trade and Tourism, Lemrabot Ould Bennahic
-Sid Ahmed Ould Mohamed, Minister of Housing and Urbanization
– Minister of Livestock, Mohamed Ould Sauidatti
– Agriculture Minister, Adama Bokar Soko
– Minister of Employment and Vocational Training, Laliya Room
– Mokhtar Ould Ahmed Al Yedlik, Minister of Equipment and Transport
– Minister of Hydraulics and Sanitation, Sidi Mohamed Taleb Amar
– Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Mohamed Lamin Ould Abiy
– Minister for Culture, Sports and Relations with Parliament, Khattar Auld Chebni
– Minister of Social Work, Childhood and Family, Savia Mint Entehah
Esata Dauda Diallo, Minister of Environment and Sustainable Development
– Minister, Secretary General of the Government, Zeinbou Mint Ahmadnahi
Internet geek. Wannabe bacon enthusiast. Web trailblazer. Music maven. Entrepreneur. Pop culture fan.