MacOS 11.3, now available in its final version, may not be loaded with new features like iOS 14.5, but this new version of macOS Big Sur is still worth watching. Short overview.
Beyond the usual set of fixes, macOS 11.3 brings many new features that improve Safari, Notes, or Apple Music. Even the players have not forgotten! The final version of MacOS 11.3 is 20E232, it is similar release candidate Since last week.
Safari: New Customization Options
Version 14 of Safari inaugurated a new start page, whose wallpaper can be changed, giving the browser a bit of an operating system. macOS 11.3 makes it a bit welcoming: it is now possible to reorganize the categories that appear on the home page.
A set of extensions should allow developers who want to design new categories. We haven’t seen anything like this yet and Apple might have dropped the idea this way, but anyway we’ll be watching it closely.
Note: Sorting and Printing Job
The reminder application is desperately waiting by millions of crying users for its part two new features: sorting tasks and printing of tasks list. Everything goes right to who knows how to wait, all of which is finally available with macOS 11.3.
Finally, support for HomePod stereo pairs
While the iPhone or iPad have no problem handling HomePods stereo pairs, the macOS has so far deprived them. Supposedly, it was always possible to go through the audio output settings of iTunes or Music for broadcasting on two paired HomePods, but Tintin at the system level. macOS 11.3 corrects this injustice! It has actually become possible to select a stereo pair in the control center.
Apple Music: Infinite Playback
Still on the subject of music but this time for Apple Music, subscribers to the streaming service are now entitled to infinite reading, embodied by a red badge with the infinity logo on the icon. written belowIn the top right of the music app. This function combines tracks one by one to create an endless music ribbon inspired by the tracks in the playlist.
Safari: Support WebM
Back to Safari, again with something that was long awaited, so much that we thought Apple had zapped. Like Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Edge, Apple’s browser is now capable of displaying video content in WebM format.
Support for PS5 and Xbox Series X controllers
In addition to compatibility with new controllers for the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, MacOS 11.3 makes life easier for Mac M1 users enjoying mobile games. Big Sur’s update emulates controller controls for iOS games running on Mac. The keyboard and mouse or trackpad can reproduce the behavior of a controller, which will be found in the game’s preferences.
Additionally, the iOS app support on the M1 Mac continues to improve, with preferences and notifications for the Null option and more explicit handling of Bluetooth access.
Battery recharges before an appointment
Battery recharge management in MacOS 11.3 is refined through a clever system, which allows the system to replenish the laptop’s battery before an appointment in the calendar.
Clear warranty information
Because it is not just iOS devices that are entitled to clear information about their coverage status, macOS 11.3 is reopening the window Service Of panel About your mac. Details of the warranty or where applicable, details of AppleCare + can be found there. All with links to start repair or assistance.
macOS 11.3: release notes
MacOS Big Sur 11.3 adds support for AirTag, includes improvements to the iPhone and iPad apps for Mac with an Apple chip, and introduces skin color variations for emojis with pairs.
AirTag and locate
- Support Airtag and search and search for your important items, such as keys, wallets, bags and more, confidentially and securely.
- Find My Network, which has hundreds of millions of devices, can help you find your airtag, even if it’s not nearby.
- Lost mode notifies you when your airtag is found, and you can enter a phone number to contact
IPhone and iPad Apps on Macs with Apple Chip
- IPhone and iPad app window resizing option
- Support to display the best possible resolution version of the iPhone or iPad app in full screen
- Keyboard support for iPhone and iPad games designed to use device tilt
- Keyboard, mouse and trackpad support for iPad and iPad games that support the gamepad
- Support for different skin colors for each person and couple in all forms of kissing emoji with a heart emoji
- New face emoji, heart emoji, bearded emoji woman
- AutoPlay causes music to play continuously, automatically starting a similar song when you reach the end of a song or playlist
- City rankings show what is popular in more than 100 cities around the world
- Podcast pages have been resumed to make listening easier
- Option to save and download episodes, automatically adding them to your library for quick access
- The download behavior and notification settings can be customized for each podcast
- Popular search rankings and categories help you find new podcasts
- The order of the sections on the start page can now be customized
- Additional WebExtensions API allows developers to provide extensions that replace the new tab page
- The Web Speech API allows developers to incorporate speech recognition into their web pages for captioning, dictation, and real-time voice navigation
- Support for WebM and Vorbis video and audio formats
- Today the possibility of sorting the smart list
- Support to synchronize the order of reminders in lists across all your devices
- Possibility to print your reminder lists
- Xbox Series X | Support for S and Sony PS5 DualSense ™ Wireless Controllers
Apple chip mac
- Hibernation management
About this mac
- When you sign in with your Apple ID about this Mac, the Apple Warranty Status and AppleCare + coverage appears in the Services tab.
- AppleCare + About This Mac Qualified Mac Purchase and Subscription Support
This release also resolves the following issues:
- Memories created through Siri can be set spontaneously for the early hours of the day
- ICloud Kitchen cannot be closed
- AirPods bounce audio back to the wrong device after a phone call
- Auto switch AirPods notifications may be missing or duplicate
- 4K external monitors cannot display full resolution when connected via USB-C
- The login window may not display correctly after restarting the Mac Mini (M1, 2020)
- Access feature may not work in accessibility keyboard
Some features may not be available in all regions or all Apple devices and require an Apple ID. For more information about this update, please see: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT211896 For more information about the security content of Apple’s software updates, please visit the following page: https: / /support.apple.com / kb / ht202222