MONDAY, October 11, 2021: Occupancy rates for resuscitation beds are declining across the country, including abroad where this latest pandemic wave has been very strong. Almost the entire hexagon is in green, except for the PACA region and Corsica, which is expected to turn green soon. Two regions are still fully saturated (Martinique and Guyana).
graphic 1. Evolution of occupancy rates of intensive care beds in French regions over the past few weeks. The blue dotted line represents the maximum alert level (set at 30% by the government), the red dotted line represents the health emergency level (set at 60%) and the black dotted line represents the initial capacity in the region (before the pandemic). does. . Click to view larger. Credits: Nicolas Gutierrez c.
Vaccination intensifying in overseas territories
Vaccination campaigns are intensifying in overseas territories, particularly in Mayotte. Almost all metropolitan areas have already vaccinated 70% of their population (except for Corsica, which should soon exceed this limit). According to Public Health France, a total of 49,260,506 people have already been fully vaccinated (73.5%).
graphic 2. Area wise vaccination rate against Kovid-19 (complete vaccination), expressed as a percentage of residents of each area receiving two Dosages D’one of Vaccines (Or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson). Click to view larger. Credits: Nicolas Gutierrez c.
People affected by vaccination are:
– All people over the age of 12.
Vaccination is recommended for pregnant women from the first trimester of pregnancy.
Vaccination is not recommended for adolescents who have developed Pediatric Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome (PIMS) following infection with COVID-19.
– A booster campaign has been established to stimulate the immune systems of the most vulnerable who received a second dose more than 6 months ago (duration reduced to 4 weeks for a single dose of Janssen vaccine). People affected by this recall are:
– Residents of EHPAD and USLD,
– people aged 65 and over living at home,
– People suffering from co-morbidity(s),
– people with severe high-risk pathology,
– People who have been vaccinated with Janssen vaccine.
Analyst. Amateur problem solver. Wannabe internet expert. Coffee geek. Tv guru. Award-winning communicator. Food nerd.