The films are divided into various competitions. Selection has been announced for Tiger Competition, Big Screen Competition and Ammodo Tiger Short Competition. In addition, the IFFR has revealed which films will be shown outside the competitions in the Limegate program. The festival’s opening film is Rides of Justice by Anders Thomas Jensen.
The main competition of IFFR is a platform for emerging talent and this year there will be sixteen films. This is higher than in previous years. The winner of the tiger prize won the prize of 40,000 euros. In addition, two special jury awards of 10,000 euros will be awarded.
There are sixteen nominees:
– Agate Moussa, Selim Mourad, 2021, Lebanon, world premiere
– Bebia, à mon seus, Juja Dobrakaus, 2021, Georgia / United Kingdom, world premiere
– Bipolar, Quena Li, 2021, China, world premiere
– Black Medusa, Ishmael, Yusuf Shebee, 2021, Tunisia, world premiere
– A Corsican Summer, Pascal Tagnati, 2021, France, world premiere
– The Age of Daybreak, Taki SupeSuit, 2021, Thailand / Switzerland, world premiere
– Gala, Tim Ledenkerker, 2021, Netherlands, world premiere
– Friends and Strangers, James Vaughan, 2021, Australia, world premiere
– Grit, Itonje Sommer Gutermassen, 2020, Norway, International Premiere
– Landscapes of resistance, Marta Popivoda, 2021, Serbia / Germany / France, world premiere
– Liborio, Nino Martinez Soc, 2021, Dominican Republic / Puerto Rico / Qatar, world premiere
– Venera, Norika Sefa, 2021, Kosovo / Macedonia, seeking world premiere
– Madalena, Madiano Marchetti, 2021, Brazil, world premiere
– Mayday, Karen Sinore, 2020, USA, International Premiere
– Mighty Flash, Einho Rodriguez, 2021, Spain, World Premiere
– Pebble, Vinothraj PS, 2021, India, world premiere
Big screen competition
This diverse competition bridges the gap between popular, classical and art house cinema. Fifteen titles have been selected in this category for IFFR 2021. A jury of public awards gives the Vipro Big Screen Award to the winning film, which thus receives a guaranteed cinema release in the Netherlands and is broadcast on Dutch television by Vipro and NPO. In addition, the film will receive a prize of 30,000 euros.
Ammodo Tiger Miniature Competition
This year, 22 short films have been shortlisted for the Ammodo Tiger Short Competition, including ten world premieres, eight international premieres and two European premieres. The jury will determine which of the three films will be awarded the three equal Amode Tiger Short Awards for 5,000 euros.
Limelight line-up and opening movie
In addition to the competitions, the festival will screen thirteen films in Limelight. Limelight has pre-premiere and cinematographic highlights. The program also includes the festival’s opening film: Black Tragicomedy Riders of Justice by Danish filmmaker Anders Thomas Jensen. The film will have its international premiere at IFFR.
The full range of films and more information about the festival can be found at Website From the IFFR.