Health Secretary Matt Hancock has confirmed the veracity of the new lockdown ban for north-east England, prompting MPs to lash out at the failure of the Cornavirus test.
In a statement from the Commons, he will announce a curfew at 10pm for socializing, pubs, restaurants and 10-hour trips with people from different families in the region.
But northeastern lawmakers, 22 of whom were briefed on the discipline by Health Minister Nadine Doris, claimed that the lack of testing in the region was to blame for the new restrictions.
Kevin Jones, a Labor MP from North Durham, told Sky News: “The way the government has adjusted to the government has added to that.
The New lockdown rules on the northeast Applications will be made in Newcastle, Northbarland, North Tyneside, South Tyneside, Gateshead, County Durham and Sunderland after a dramatic increase in infections in the region.
According to Sky News, the seven local authorities in the area facing the new restrictions have an infection rate of 100,000 per two weeks:
- Sunderland: 155.7
- South Tyneside: 155.1
- Gateshead: 139.7
- Newcastle 116.3
- Answer Tyside: 85
- County Durham: 70.2
- Northbarland: 47.1
Other restrictions in north-east England include people who are probably advised not to go to games with other families and sports fans, not to travel on holiday.
This will likely enable potential visitors to visit care homes and discourage the use of public transport and car sharing in addition to the necessary trips.
Ahead of Mr Hancock’s remarks, Newcastle City Council leader Nick Forbes tweeted on Wednesday: “Some additional, temporary bans are being planned to prevent another complete lockdown.
“We are awaiting confirmation from the government on the final version of the regulations; I am expecting an announcement from the health secretary at 11am tomorrow.”
The North East clampdown comes as soon as the Welsh government says this Rhonda Sinon Taf In South Wales under local lockdown from 6pm after strict measures were introduced Birmingham and the West Midlands earlier this week.
And in Bolton, the city with the worst infection rate in the UK, officials say the prime minister should have seen Increased demand for testing Coming.
“This is a really worrying time and we should have predicted that it will be a time of ups and downs,” Donna Hall, the city’s public health director, told Sky News. “To me it’s not a matter of demand, it’s a matter of system supply and management.”
Former Tory cabinet minister Greg Clark will face tough questions about the test from Tory Pier Barnes Harding, head of the government’s testing system, on Thursday from an all-party science and technology committee of lawmakers chaired by MPs.
He will face demands that schools be closed further Coronavirus Thousands of teachers are already being forced to stay at home due to lack of exams.
This was Mr. Clarke, when Boris Johnson appeared before the Senior Members of Parliament Liaison Committee, who questioned the Prime Minister about the ability to test for coronavirus.
He asked the Prime Minister: “Do we currently have sufficient testing capacity?”
And Mr. Johnson replied: “The short answer is: No, we don’t. Let’s not doubt that the testing power has increased.”
Mr Clark then asked when the power would be up and he was told: “We will be at 500,000 by the end of October.”
And when Mr. Clarke was asked if this would be enough to meet the projected demand of the time, the Prime Minister replied: “Well, we sincerely expect it.”
Mr Johnson was later asked about another national lockdown and replied: “I don’t want a second national lockdown.
“I think it would be a complete mistake for this country and we are doing everything in our power to prevent it.
“And can we afford that? I highly doubt that the financial consequences could be anything but catastrophe.”