Sunday 26 September The “Super Athlete”Ironman 70.3, the most exciting and extreme sporting event. Over 1,600 participants They challenge their opponents and themselves to win the best time and cross the finish line in fractions of swimming, cycling and running. The competition unfolds along a path that occupies a large portion of Lido’s roads from the lighthouse to Cortellazzo, but will also touch the Ironman caravans Eracalia and Cavallino-Traporti.
What is Ironman?
Ironman is a sporting event based on the discipline of? triathlon, characterized by three fractions seamless: swimming, cycling and running. IRONMAN Group, the company that owns the event’s brand, organizes the event in 53 countries of the world involved 6 continents and create a community of over 1 million athletes. The Jesolo version is part of the IRONMAN 70.3 circuit, a “shorter” distance than the original IRONMAN distances, which originated 40 years earlier in Hawaii.
Ironman and Jessolo
Ironman’s version in Jesolo already has over 1,600 members, 87% of whom are men and 13% women, representing 208 sports federations. NS 60% the participants have Italian Nationality. of the rest 40% represented by athletes who will arrive in the city from all corners of Europe. especially from Germany (10%), from Empire United (9%), from Swiss (5%) and by France (4%). more than 50% Subscriber, in fact, it comes from distant places Jesol. more than 200 kms from. The event thus becomes an opportunity to introduce the city to new potential guests.
Ale’middle age The age of the athletes is 41 years. For 1,450 participants this is first experience With Ironman. A debut for which they are eagerly waiting for the Jessolo version. About 30% of the attendees had not participated in an Ironman contest in some time and opted out. Jessolo to go again. About 15%, on the other hand, typically compete in Ironman courses. 1.9 km swimming in the open sea, 90 kms by bike Along a road that crosses the city and also crosses the municipalities eraclea I cavallino-treporti, finally 21.1 km run In the Jesolo hinterland. An exhausting journey steeped in the beauty of nature and the region to set the best time and win.
“Jessolo is a sports-friendly city and for this reason an ideal location to host an important event like the Ironman – declares Mayor of Jesolo, Valerio Zogia -. We worked hard and long to be able to organize this event, as it represents a great opportunity to promote this stretch of the Venetian coast, showing its beauty and its organizational skills to those guests. show those who will now come as athletes but then return as tourists“
“This is a project we strongly wanted – commented Luigi Pasqualinoto, President of Jesolovene – are aware of the fact that the Games represent a great attraction for the city and that it is a competition of great prestige, which will promote an excellent tourism on an international level, as well as many fans and athletes on the day of the event. For this reason we would equally like to maintain an event of this level even in the difficulties faced by the demonstrations, taking into account the limitations due to anti-infectious regulations. The event will represent a major driving force in promoting tourism: an operation that we can benefit from in the medium and long term.
“Cavallino-Traporti is pleased to host part of the Bike Route at Ironman International event, which will be held in the section of the Via Pordelio cycle path, which by road boasts the longest cantilever track on the Venice Lagoon. – has a comment Roberta Nesto, Mayor of Cavallino-Treportique -. An itinerary that will surround the sporting event and offer natural and unique panoramas in the sporting context. For Cavallino-Traporti, Ironman represents an opportunity to introduce our locality to the world of sports, which, due to its tourist and natural business, is developing a project whose centrality is precisely outdoor sports. Ironman therefore becomes an opportunity for our cities to express the characteristics that differentiate us and that are well connected to the game world, and at this particular moment, allow us to contribute to the growth of various sporting disciplines. with the hope that all games are subject to a restart”.
“Being part of this important project is a source of great satisfaction for Eraklia, and the demonstration that the synergy between the many municipalities that come together can make it possible for the other part of the region as well as security personnel, civil defense and providing likely to organize international events with a significant number of athletes – he announced Nadia Zanchin, Mayor of Eracles -. Most of the bike races in Eraclea will be held with the participation of main roads surrounded by nature and greenery that characterizes the terrain”.
Alcohol maven. Incurable pop culture specialist. Communicator. Gamer. Certified explorer.