Science news of 13 July 2021 is:
Covid-19: What to remember from Emmanuel Macron’s announcements.
- Emmanuel Macron announced the expansion of the immunization obligation for caregivers and health passes receiving people over 50 at cafes, restaurants and leisure and cultural venues.
- The third dose of the vaccine will be given to all those who have been vaccinated at the start of the vaccination campaign.
- PCR tests will become chargeable and border control will be strengthened.
In Space: A supernova is expected in 70 million years in this double star system.
- A supernova will form in a double star system 1500 light years from our solar system in 70 million years.
- Supernovae occur in binary systems when the white dwarf has a companion star to which it can absorb material down to a finite mass.
- Both stars have the material to produce Type 1 supernovae.
In archaeology: Ostrich eggs reveal a climatic event that occurred 250,000 years ago.
- Ostrich eggs show that 250,000 years ago, South Africa had a completely different climate of rain and green grasslands.
- The researchers used isotopic analysis of ostrich eggs excavated in the late 1990s to determine the diet of the ostrich.
- It is during this period that we find the first sapiens in southern Africa and other homo, We are also taking advantage of the climate and abundant resources.
In Hi-Tech: Computer Hacking in the Service of German Cyber Security.
- The possibility of German intelligence and security services using Trojans to spy on all Internet messaging services is controversial.
- The Grand Alliance succeeded in passing amendments to the law to protect the Bundestag’s constitution, which increases surveillance and infiltration powers of the intelligence services.
- The German government could negotiate with a hacker company to purchase these intelligence services.
In the Environment: Green Hydrogen, Electricity, Retrofitting: What Dynamics for Tomorrow?
- Ecological vehicles professionals gathered in Alsace for the twelfth edition of the International Meeting of Ecological Vehicles.
- Various forms of energy supply were presented, such as electricity, hydrogen, natural gas.
- Retrofit is also in the limelight this year. This involves replacing the heat engine on an already existing car with an electric motor.