- You spend at least 70% of your assignments on scientific research.
- You attend education at the bachelor’s or master’s level.
- You supervise students at the master’s level in the context of practice, internship and master’s thesis.
- You supervise PhD students.
- You have a doctoral degree with a dissertation in communication science. For diplomas obtained outside the European Union, an equivalence certificate from NARIC must be presented. The conditions of the Diploma should be fulfilled on the date of appointment.
- You have already done research in the field of film and television studies.
- You have distinguished yourself as a promising researcher during your doctoral work.
- You have a keen interest in student counseling in academic and/or advanced academic training.
- You have relevant scientific publications in international and national scientific journals that are widely distributed and which ask experts to assess the submitted manuscripts.
- We offer you temporary appointment for a period of 1 year. The appointment cannot be renewed.
- You can also apply if you have been appointed earlier (whether in another university or not and in the same field or not) within the first term of maximum 3 years. The second appointment need not correspond to the first appointment.
- You can start employment from 1st February 2022 as soon as possible.
- Remuneration is as per AAP5 scale. More details about our pay scale.
- In addition, each UGent staff member can count on a number of benefits, such as a wide range of education and training, 36 days of vacation leave supplemented with annually fixed bridge days, a bicycle allowance, eco vouchers, etc. About Us A Complete Overview Employee Benefits.
You can apply online only through e-recruitment till the registration deadline (05-01-2022). We do not accept late applications or applications not delivered through online applications.
You will need to attach the following documents with your application:
- In area ‘CV’: Your CV and overview of the study results obtained (merged as a PDF file)
- In area ‘motivation letter’Your motivation letter in PDF format
- In area ‘diploma’: A copy of the required diploma (if you already have one)
- In area ‘Certificate of Equality’: Only if you obtained your diploma outside the EU you need to add a certificate of equivalence from NARIK. You can request it through www.naricvlaanderen.be. If you obtained your degree in the United Kingdom before January 31, 2020, you do not need to add a Certificate of Equivalence.
Ghent University follows an equal opportunity and diversity policy and therefore encourages everyone to apply.
Apply through our online platform here
For more details about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Contact Sophie Van Bouwel ([email protected], +32 09/2646799).
Tv ninja. Lifelong analyst. Award-winning music evangelist. Professional beer buff. Incurable zombie specialist.