After a positive test on Tuesday, Cristiano Ronaldo returned to Italy to finish his coronavirus quarantine.
Ronaldo, who returned from a positive coronavirus test while playing international duties with Portugal, initially hoped he would stay at home for segregation and probably not return to Italy for two weeks.
He must be relegated to Italy and is therefore unavailable for Juventus’ upcoming matches in the Champions League against Creton Creton and Dynamo Kiev.
The Portuguese Football Federation (PFF) announced Ronaldo’s positive test and said in a statement on Tuesday that the 35-year-old was “doing well without symptoms and in isolation”.
All the rest of the Portugal team returned negative results after the test on Tuesday and are available for a tour of Sweden in Lisbon.
Ronaldo started Portugal’s first two-match friendly against Spain in Lisbon during the ongoing international break and then played the whole game with a 0-0 draw with France on Sunday.
The Juventus team has been relegated after a positive test by Mac Kenny
Meanwhile, Juventus announced on Wednesday that they had withdrawn their squad after a positive test for US international midfielder Weston McKenney’s coronavirus.
A statement from the club said: “This approach will allow all individuals to regulate regular training and match activities against the rules, but they will not allow contact with anyone outside the team,” a club statement said.
Juventus players and staff at the club’s hotel were separated until last week after two staff members tested positive.