Covid-19: France promises to send over one million doses of vaccine to Tunisia

During a telephone interview on Sunday with his counterpart Othman Gerandi, the head of French diplomacy Jean-Yves Le Drian promised to “quickly strengthen his assistance to support Tunisia in the vaccination campaign”, according to a press statement. A spokesperson for D’Orsay said. release.

This support will result in “the imminent arrival of the first French donation of 324,000 doses of AstraZeneca vaccines, through the COVAX initiative, following the Prime Minister’s visit to Tunisia”.

It also relates to the delivery of 800,000 additional doses of vaccine to be shipped in the coming weeks, including 300,000 additional doses of AstraZeneca vaccines and 500,000 doses of Janssen single-dose vaccine.

Paris will provide Tunisia with “equipment for the production of essential sanitary equipment, especially consumables, medical oxygen and resuscitation beds, which will be added to the deliveries made in the presence of the Prime Minister on 3 June. Within the framework of the Council of High Cooperation Travel within Tunisia ”, the press release said.

Earlier in the day, government spokesman Gabriel Attal announced that France had decided to place Tunisia on its red list, “meaning that unaffiliated people will not be able to move there or return without reason. Indecent”.

Last Thursday, France advised its citizens against traveling to Spain and Portugal for the summer holidays due to the “worrisome” spread of the delta version of COVID-19.

According to the Tunisian government, the North African country is facing a “devastating” pandemic situation following an outbreak of COVID-19 contamination.

The country has not experienced such a situation since the start of the pandemic in March 2020.

READ  Fire and heat still devouring western Canada

To limit the spread of the virus, Tunisian officials have ordered population containment in six governorates where the rate of spread of the virus is particularly high, including Tunis and its suburbs.

The government extended the confinement and night curfew in these six governorates till July 31 and announced a ban on travel between regions.

You May Also Like

About the Author: Hanley Mallin

Internet geek. Wannabe bacon enthusiast. Web trailblazer. Music maven. Entrepreneur. Pop culture fan.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *