Willem II forward Francisco Sol has rejected Cardiff City and a number of European teams.
The 26-year-old Sol is the final year of his three-year contract, after joining from Villarael back in 2016.
However, Sol has rejected a move to Alkmaar, as well as Premier League sides Burnley and Cardiff City. The Spanish forward is keen on a return to Spain, where he has spent a majority of his career.
Cardiff City are in the market for a striker but are unlikely to make a permanent move for a striker, with a loan move more likely.
“We hope for two more if we can get them, They’ll probably be loans,” said Warnock speaking on transfers to WalesOnline after the Bluebirds 6-0 victory over Tavistock.
“We’ll see what happens by Friday but I never lose sleep over targets, to be honest. I always think it’s their loss if they don’t come. If I can avoid spending money, I’m sure Vincent (Tan) would like that
Last season saw Sol score an impressive 20 goals in 37 appearances for Willem, despite Willem finishing in the lower half of the Eredivisie.
The Madrid born forward was a youth academy product of Rayo Vallecano, before spending eight years with Real Madrid. He played a total of 69 times for the Real Madrid C Team. He then moved to Villareal’s B team, scoring 27 goals in 73 appearances, before two solitary appearances with their first team.
In total, Sol has scored 26 goals and picked up six assists for Willem II, since his move to the Netherlands in 2016.
Cardiff City had been linked with a move for West Bromwich Albion’s Matthew Phillips but said to WalesOnline that their valuation put him off.
“I made one phone call to West Brom six weeks ago and they told me £15million so I’ve never spoke about him since.”
(Featured Image: Jon Candy)