Cardiff City are rumoured to have been offered Watford striker Andre Gray, should the Bluebirds win promotion to the Premier League.
The 26-year-old has had a barren spell in front of goal this season, scoring just four times in 26 league appearances, following his departure from Turf Moor last summer, after he rejected their contract offer.
With Watford paying a club record fee of a reported £18.5m, Cardiff may have to negotiate a cut-price for Gray, if any deal were to take place.
Chris Boden who is Sports Editor at the Burnley Express, says that Watford’s record signing Andre Gray could be set to depart Vicarage Road, with the Cardiff City Stadium being his likely destination in the summer.
Non-Burnley related line, but led to believe Andre Gray could be on his way from Watford in the summer, told he’s been offered to Cardiff should they win promotion
— Chris Boden (@bodenknights) March 29, 2018
Gray has seen his playing time reduced since the arrival of manager Javi Garcia, with just one start under the Spaniard since his appointment, along with three substitute appearances for the Hornets.
However, Garcia spoke to the Watford Observer saying that he is happy with the strikers he has on offer to him, in his squad selection.
“I’m happy, with all of the strikers. I have to choose one striker, or other times two, and Andre is playing less than others,” he said.
“It is not because he is not working well, it’s because I have to choose. I don’t know what will happen in the next games, it is possible Andre will play more.”
Gray has had a remarkable rise through the leagues, having been released by Shrewsbury Town earlier on in his career. He burst onto the scene when he scored 29 league goals in 75 appearances for non-league Hinckley Town, before impressing in the football league for Luton Town. After 47 goals in 88 league appearances for Luton, he earnt a move to Brentford, before moving on to Burnley and now Watford.